Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

cub club forum

Posted by CUBMAN 
cub club forum
October 17, 2013 10:36AM
Welcome all to the U.K. Triumph Tiger Cub And Terrier Club Forum.
Kindly hosted by new member and Cub owner Tony Jones, a computer wizz who noticed lack of a web outlet for Cub and Terrier owners to discuss their views , likes , dislikes, wants and items for sale, and any other Cub matters with other owners and club members.
Please feel free to help us build this site into a useful resource for enthusiasts of the little Tigers, and contribute any items of interest whenever you can.
Any information on the Cub Club can be had from :
Mike Powell
Reynards
Back Lane
Worthen
SY5 9HN
07887 917466
01743 891889
mike@tigercubs.plus.com
Re: Facebook page
October 17, 2013 01:25PM
Hi All,
Just a note to let you Facebook users know that there is a Facebook page for Tiger Cubs, it only has about for users at the moment so more would be nice.
You can post pictures of your pride and joy and comment on pictures that have been posted, so give it a try.
Dave Boyden.
Re: cub club forum
October 17, 2013 09:51PM
Well done, Tony.

I had the same experience with the other forum and decided not to bother. I am starting a rebuild of a 1965 T20 and am assembling parts, mainly from Greystone's, who I have found to be really helpful. I'll send some pictures, in the near future.

Best regards, Colin..

Colin Shippey
Mob: 07903158239
October 17, 2013 11:07PM
Hi Colin,

Welcome! Please feel free to post the progress of your T20 in the 'Members gallery'.

Cheers

Tony
December 30, 2013 08:47PM
Hi can you plz place a link for facebook as i am unable to find the page all the best aaron
January 04, 2014 10:51AM
I've PM'd Dave about adding the facebook link.

Cheers

Tony
January 15, 2014 12:45PM
Hi all i have tried to log in to the forum recently to access my content but I had no luck so I have had to create a new forum id and will start to build up my profile again I like the style of the new forum it is easier to navigate but i would like to find my old posts and pics if poss ible but it is no matter if not .

Here's to the new forum and good luck.
January 20, 2014 07:27PM
Hi Tigercub61,

I'm sorry to hear you have had some issues. Can you please tell me what your old profile name was and I'll investigate further.

Kind regards

Tony
January 30, 2014 06:59PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a question that perhaps someone can answer for me. I have 1964 T20 that came out with 17" wheels and I am having a hard time finding replacements and was wondering if I can use a 18" on the rear and 19" on the front or 18" on both front and rear. I I am ready to put this bike together as soon as I get the wheel issue resolved.

Thanks for your help,
TFuller
February 05, 2014 09:08PM
Hi,
original wheels in good order seems to be a difficult find, I have even tried to get mine re-chromed which most metal finishers I have spoken to seem reluctant to do. As such I was pointed in the direction of central wheel components, not used them yet so cannot tell tell you to much but they will do rebuilds with new rims.

Thanks Dale
February 05, 2014 11:21PM
Hi,

We are getting ready for bike week in Daytona Bch. and there is one location that has a lot of British bikes and parts. Last year I found one really good 18" wheel that I used on my other Tiger Cub. I was hoping I might find some wheels this time but the bike in question has 17" wheels and I am afraid to get 18" and 19" wheels if they won't work on my bike. The original wheels have too much rust to save.

Thanks,
Terry
February 05, 2014 11:36PM
Hi Terry, I'm sure you wouldn't have any problems with 18" wheels. I seem to remember using wheels from a BSA bantam (many moons ago) on a standard cub. Mudguard clearance would be reduced slightly, but doubt it would be a problem.

Dave
February 06, 2014 12:18AM
Hi Dave,

The 18" wheels will be much easier to find than the 17" wheels. I will try to find a set at the flea market. I have owned it for 9 years and it sit, in pieces, under the workbench of the gentleman I purchased it from for 25 years. So it is time to get it on the road again.

Thanks,
Terry
March 02, 2014 03:15PM
I am in the middle of rebuilding a 1961 T20 and will shortly begin to assemble the headlamp nacelle.
Looking over the parts, I'm wondering how you are supposed to get the rubber handlebar grommets (for the joint between the upper and lower halves) over the built-in lever pivots on the handlebar.
Any guidance would be welcome..
Rebuilding fins
March 14, 2014 12:27PM
I am working on a 1961 T20 with matching numbers. Someone, not me, has had the head off before and used something to lever it off. As a result I have a number of broken fins on the barrel and head. Is it possible to get them rebuilt and can anyone recommend someone, please?
Thanks, MikeB
Re Gear indicator,
April 28, 2014 07:38PM
I have just got another T20 (1959) after many many years, and on my original bike (1955) the gear indicator used to work, the one I have just acquired has an obvious new replacement indicator on the headlight nacelle but is not connected up to anything, as its 55 years since I last owned a tiger cub I can't remember what's needed to get it operational , Any knowledgeable cub owners have any suggestions to get it fully functioning again , i.e. web sites etc. Also I would like to change the carburettor , its presently fitted with a Zenith 17 mxz, which seems to run ok, but I have been told that an Amal monobloc works better, anyone know which one suits the cub best, thanks for any help in advance I may get Goucho.
Re: Re Gear indicator,
May 01, 2014 07:58PM
As regards carburettors, if you aren't overly worried about originality or would like to preserve the original carb from further wear, the trials people reckon that the modern mikuni VM22 is very hard to beat and is easy to fit too.
May 02, 2014 06:45AM
Thanks for the suggestion regarding the carb , I may just get that one, G
Restoration of a tired Cub
July 09, 2014 02:02AM
Hey Folks,

I couldn't think of a better place to get the help I need for a restoration of a Cub. My Dad bought it back in '67 I think but it ended up rotting in a relation's garden for a long time. It's always been a plan to restore it and now I'm tired of waiting and just want to do it. The problem is, there's a lot of things wrong with it. The wheels are seized, the engine hasn't run since it was parked, there's quite a bit of rust and the seat is in tatters. My mother was offered €100 to use the bike as parts but I refuse to let that happen. I want the bike running again and I know it can be done. Does anyone on here know anyone in Ireland that can do a major restoration? Any help is greatly appreciated. We planned on restoring it ourselves, but it's gone beyond that now.

Thanks,

Graham
July 09, 2014 08:39PM
If you are a TT fan, I know of a man in the Isle of Man who can handle major restorations on cubs. He isn't quick, he isn't cheap but he is good. You could take the bike there one year, watch the TT, and pick it up at next years TT perhaps.
August 11, 2014 06:18PM
the parts are available on ebay or from Greystone cubs
Re: bar /nacelle rubbers
August 11, 2014 06:19PM
bung them in a mug of hot water first

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2014 06:20PM by dave m.
September 11, 2014 03:57PM
Tried to find this page on Facebook but no luck is there a link to it ?
October 08, 2014 11:07AM
I have a 1963 T2O Tiger Cub with all matching numbers and original buff log. I have nearly finished it and it just wants finishing. Complete rebuild Reg. 9697 R. It is the model with points on the side. Runs and sounds good. Pictures are available What is the procedure for advertising it on this site please. I am in Cornwall. Thank you Peter Waller.
October 08, 2014 07:51PM
Peter Waller Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have a 1963 T2O Tiger Cub with all matching
> numbers and original buff log. I have nearly
> finished it and it just wants finishing. Complete
> rebuild Reg. 9697 R. It is the model with points
> on the side. Runs and sounds good. Pictures are
> available What is the procedure for advertising it
> on this site please. I am in Cornwall. Thank you
> Peter Waller.

There is a hitherto unused section of this forum headed "Bikes for sale or wanted". It looks like that is the place to place your advert. Applicants can send you a private message ( PM) .... It often takes me some time to notice PMs and so it isn't something I am good at but others get along with it ok.
December 29, 2014 09:23AM
Hi Tony
Well done on getting the forum up and running, let's hope the word gets out and owners get on board.
Is it possible to view a posters home town on their profile, I think it would help get to know who is in your area!
Best regards

Steve Burton from Derby
January 14, 2016 02:14PM
davidboyden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi All,
> Just a note to let you Facebook users know that
> there is a Facebook page for Tiger Cubs, it only
> has about for users at the moment so more would be
> nice.
> You can post pictures of your pride and joy and
> comment on pictures that have been posted, so give
> it a try.
> Dave Boyden.

And the name of it is???????????Puzzled.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login